dear sir, i got to recognize and accept my depression symptoms very recently...after suffering for many years...i don\'t know what to do now..although i\'m living my normal life till now(as others think)..but i\'m having a lot of problems due to depression..usually i\'m stuck into things..somehow i dare to come out but those things keep chasing me for sometime until i forgot them or stuck into other matters..this process is very tiredsome and sometime breaking..i keep evaluating myself most of the times and try to find faults in my work/ activities..then i try to recognize those faults and i\'m stuck again..i\'m not able to live in present..either i\'m thinking about any past activity or for future problems..i\'m living alone..spending most of the time at work..i\'m very afraid of myself..i guess i don\'t know/ feel myself..i don\'t belive myself..also not easily to others..i\'m not able to choose or decide things in my life..or reach to any conclusion..it\'s a never ending discussion with myself with no result..i try to be as normal as possible in front of others..but some debate is always going in my mind..and i\'m afraid to tell these things to other..or discuss with anybody..eventhough i\'ve achieved some respectable things in life..but i guess it\'s useless if i\'m not able to enjoy them..most important question..should a depressed person marry?..pls do reply... thanks for your reply regards, xxxx
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Schwartz responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Schwartz intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Schwartz to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Schwartz, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Schwartz and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.