Things that happen to me often: I get angry for no reason usually get mad with the person I am with at that time(could be my friend,boyfriend,family members). When that happens I want to run away from that person and everybody around me.I want to lock myself in my room. Usually it helps to be alone for little while. In a situation like that I usually take a nap or at least lay in bed. I will get out from my room like a new person(well rested and happy again). The problem is it's not always possible to get away and that irritates me more! I also avoid people and parties. I would stay up for 2 to 3 hrs and head back. My biggest problem of all is I don't know what to do with myself! When I don't have to work or don't work all I can't find anything to keep myself busy. I would wake up, get ready, start cleaning, doing Laundry, etc. That takes only 3 to 4hrs and by 12 noon I'm all done and bored! I can't come up with anything. As a result my relationship suffers. Please help me to understand myself!
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Schwartz responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Schwartz intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Schwartz to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Schwartz, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Schwartz and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.