There is man that i am so in love with, but, everything fell apart. He had come to America as an exchange student and we hit it off right away. At this time he had a girlfriend in Austria, but he left her. So I thought that everything was great and we fell madly in love with each other. One day his ex-girlfriend called him and apologized for everything she did to make him break up with him. He still loves this girl, but he still loves me. He has since gotten back with his ex and I am now the other woman. I don't know what to do. I love this guy so much that I don't want to let him go. On the other hand I do not want to hurt is girlfriend. I am so confused about what to do and I know that he is as well. But now my best friend has told me that I am a bad person and that she does not want to be friends anymore. I need help.
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Schwartz responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Schwartz intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Schwartz to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Schwartz, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Schwartz and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.