What is the YES Waiver?
The YES Waiver is a 1915 © Medicaid program that allows for more flexibility in the funding of intensive community based services for children and adolescents with severe emotional disturbance and their families.
Who is Eligible for YES Waiver Services?
To participate in the YES Waiver, the child or adolescent must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be between the ages of 3-18 years;
- Have a diagnosed serious emotional disturbance (SED);
- Meet the criteria to be in a psychiatric hospital;
- Be eligible for Medicaid, and
- Currently live in a home setting with a legal guardian, or on their own if they no longer have a legal guardian.
What are the YES Waiver Services?
The following services are provided under the YES Waiver:
- Community Living Supports
- Family Supports
- Transitional Services
- Adaptive Aids and Supports
- Minor Home Modifications
- Non-Medical Transportation
- Paraprofessional Services
- Professional Services
- Supportive Family Based Alternatives
How do I Access Yes Waiver Services?
Families or the Legal Authorized Representative of an eligible child or youth who are interested in referring their child to the YES Waiver Services Program must first contact Helen Farabee Centers' YES Waiver Interest List Message Line at (940) 397-3187 or e-mail YESWaiver@helenfarabee.org. Helen Farabee Centers maintains an Interest List for individuals interested in receiving YES Waiver services. The YES Waiver has a limit on the number of children and youth who can be served in our area. There is a first come, first served policy for YES Waiver services. The policy is based on the chronological date of registration on the YES Waiver Interest List.
Click here for our brochure.
Interested in becoming a YES Waiver Service Provider?
Click here for information.