Helen Farabee is a Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic (CCBHC)
Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinics (CCBHCs) represent a new way to enhnace the operations and outcomes of traditional behavioral health clinics. CCBHCs are required to offer a more comprehensive, coordinated and integrated model of care.
The CCBHC framework requires behavioral health centers to integrate mental health and substance use services with targeted medical testing and screening. Helen Farabee Centers has a vision for excellence and is dedicated to the concepts of CCBHC. At Helen Farabee Centers (HFC), we are focused on a care coordination approach that is responsive to the needs of those we serve while improving their quality of life and overall health.
Additionally, CCBHCs' clinical excellence emphasizes coordination of care among all providers. Research suggests that care coordination models assist patients and their support systems in managing medical conditions more effectively which is a key component to managing population health outcomes. To better assess individuals for needed services and care coordination objectives, we use standardized assessments. In addition to care coordination, clinics will focus on delivering care beyond the four walls and through our CCBHC service array.
- Crisis mental health and addiction services
- Screening, assessment and diagnosis, including risk management
- Person and Family- Centered treatment planning
- Direct provision of outpatient mental health and substance use services
- Outpatient primary care screening and monitoring of key health indicators and health risk
- Targeted case management
- Psychiatric rehabilitation services
- Peer support, counselor services and family supports
- Intensive, community-based mental health care for members of the armed forces and veterans, particularly those in rural areas
Evidence-Based Best Practices
Helen Farabee Centers has dedicated, licensed proffesionals trained to engage members using the following evidence based practices.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT)
- Cognitive Proccessing Therapy (CPT) - Assertive Community Treatment (ACT)
- Illness Management and Recovery (IMR)
- SAMHSA Supported Employment (Individual Placement and Support)
- SAMHSA Supported Housing
- SAMSHA Integrated Treatment for Co-Occuring Disorders
- Nurturing Parenting
- Intensive Case Management Using Wraparound Model
- Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT) Model
- Motivational Interviewing - Person Centered Recovery Planning
- Seeking Safety
Value To Our Partners
- As a CCBHC provider, Helen Farabee Centers offers Managed Care Organizations a distinct model of care that allows us to move from prescriptive services to a more holistic, individualized treatment for the persons we serve. The CCBHC designation has allowed the implementation of a new Alternative Payment Method (APM) specific to Per- Member-Per-Month (PMPM) rate methodoolgy, according to the Health Care Payment Learning & Action Network (HCP-LAN) APM framework.
- HFC welcomes this innovative approach as a means to minimize and lessen risk to payers, eliminate adverse events, and reduce member's cost. The distinct care model allows the Helen Farabee Centers to affect the community through 19 service locatiions within our nineteen county coverage area throughout North Texas.
- We take pride in our commitment to public service and value individual worth, self determination, quality, integrity, innovation, and teamwork through our system.
As a CCBHC provider, Helen Farabee Centers is required to report on nine clinic-based measures identify by HHSC.
- Time to Initial Evaluation
- Preventive Care and Screening: Body Mass Index screening and follow-up
- Weight Assessment and counseling for nutrition and physical activity for children/adolescents
- Preventive Care and Screening: Tobacco Use: Screen and Cessation Intervention
- Preventive Care and Screening: Unhealthy Alchohol Use: Screening and Brief Counseling
- Adult Major Depressive Disorder: Suicide Risk Assessment
- Child and Adolescent Major Depressive Disorder: Suicide Risk Assessment
- Screening for Clinical Depression and Follow-Up plan
- Depression Remission at 12 Months
Helen Farabee Centers serves a geographic area, covering 16,655 square miles across 19 counties in North Texas, 10 of which are designated as frontier communities. HFC serves 17 counties federally designated as Health Proffesionally Shortage Areas (HPSAs) for mental health and 10 counties which have a medically underserved area (MUA) designation. To address issues arising from distance between centers and lack of health proffesionals, HFC has a network of telehealth and telemedicine services to meet the needs of those we serve who may reside in counties with population desities as low as 2 people per square mile.
As a community provider with 50 years of experience serving the community, HFC welcomes opportunities to collaborate and engage with Texas MCOs on improving HEDIS measures and quality metrics for STAR, STAR PLUS, and CHIP member populations. We further understand the need for real-time data sharing that will aid in the care coordination of memeber services. Our team has alreay taken steps to engage in meaningful collaborations to review data from MCOs. Many of our MCO and provider discussions have resulted in the initial stages of data-sharing, leading to meaningful discussions that would movwe providers and payers from the world of Fee-for-services to an Alternative Payment Model. HFC is currently in the process of learning more systemic ways of obtaininig relative patient information that would contribute to care coordination following hospital discharge, potential preventable events (PPEs), and preventative care.